Results-Driven certified Global EH&S Professional with nineteen years of experience and proven ability to successfully manage complex projects, drive TRIR reductions, improve department performance, facilitate cross-cultural collaboration, and develop / upgrade EH&S Compliance and Training Programs.
Project Management (Middle East, Africa, U.K. USA)
Writing / Auditing SEMS
Behavior Based Safety Expert
Training & Facilitation
Improving EH&S Performance
MBTI Accredited Practitioner
PSM / SEMS Specialist
HSE Program Development
Director of Health & Safety | Meridian Energy Group Inc, Houston, TX 2019 - Present
Develop foundation for project and corporate HSE needs for new company focused on building worlds greenest refinery. Coordinate the development of all HSE policies and procedures between contract and fully benefitted employees. Build HSE staffing and budget projections for 3 years. Lay groundwork to implement a customized Behavior Based Safety Program. Liaise with contractors to provide HSE services ranging from field contract personnel to predictive analytics.
· Developed entire bespoke safety management system utilizing contract / fully benefitted employees
· Ensure entire workplace (including contractors) are in compliance with industry, state and company HSE guidelines
· Design an atmosphere conducive to positive reinforcement and coaching / mentoring
· Conduct MBTI and Leadership Communication Workshops to better company / team performance
Sr. Safety Specialist/upstream | Trinity Operating (Next Era Energy), Houston, TX 2017 - 2019
Build an HSE department for an upstream oil and gas company doing business in Oklahoma, Texas and Louisiana. Implemented policies and procedures. Track all department HSE trends and report monthly to senior leadership. Develop a customized Behavior Based Safety Program. Major focus on contractor safety and their buy-in to our specially designed BBS program.
· Developed entire bespoke safety management system. All policies and procedures must be in accordance to various government entities, industry best practices and with Next Era Energy Resources legal department – delivered ahead of schedule
· Designed, implemented and oversee internal auditing of all safe-work practices and reduced TRIR by 1.08 as of August 2018
· Implement safety monitoring via 3rdparty software to track contractor training, compliance & EMR
· Coordinate with field safety reps for needs, concerns, issues, especially in relationship to contractors. Lowered all incidents / accidents / spills in drilling, production and construction for 2018 while implementing near-miss reporting program. 62% growth in near miss reporting, 33.9% drop in all incidents (including spills). Also streamlined field reports to save field HSE reps a total of 9 hours per week per rep, saving the company over $45,000 per year
· Track all HSE trends for entire field and provide monthly report to senior leadership and yearly to entire company (and contractors)
· Nominated for Aspire award Q2 2018 (for employees that exemplify NextEra’s code of ethics and deliver superior results and set a positive example for all in the company)
Training & Competency Supervisor| Wood Group, Equatorial Guinea, Africa 2015 to 2017
Drive the daily operations of two impactful training programs; ITNHGE and NCAT. The Institute Technological National Hydrocarbon Guinea Equatorial Program is a 3-year training program to adequately equip Nationals for a successful career in the Oil & Gas Industry. Nationalization, Competency Assurance, and Training Program is a 4-year on-the-job training curriculum for Nationals employed/contracted through the Wood Group. Oversee global workforce of 17 nationalities and 350 team members to ensure programs’ consistency and effectiveness.
· Successfully manage a Training Facility that consists of 98 Equatorial Guinean young adults and 14 instructors. Upgraded training program to achieve record outcomes including this year’s graduating class accomplishing an overall average of 92%.
· Improved training efficiencies in competency program that resulted in increased nationalization by 22%; achieved with a strategic reduction in headcount and concentrated efforts on effective communication across high / low context cultures.
· Proactively designed, developed, and implemented a Technical Career Progression Pyramid for offshore operators, electricians, instrumentation techs, and mechanics to improve retention and recognize top talent by providing formal growth opportunities.
HSEQ Department Mgr./Project Manager | Wood Group, Houston, TX 2013 to 2015
Leveraged expertise to provide clients exceptional consulting services resulting in notable improvements in safety program management, audit outcomes, and safety compliance. Oversaw contractor safety to ensure adherence to company policies and procedures. Provide strategies to generate new business opportunities.
· Composed EH&S and Quality Policies and Procedures that were in line with regulatory compliance and ensured adherence to all applicable laws for diversified International and Domestic Clients.
· Designed and facilitated Natural Gas Safety and Emergency Response Training Curriculum that introduced workers to the hazards of working with and around natural gas. This course is given at over 3 technical campus’ and is a pre-requisite for all students entering the oil & gas industry in Middle East
· Conducted Gap Analysis of current EH&S Programs to determine program alignment to strategic operational goals and program effectiveness. Developed action plans to bridge uncovered gaps
Notable projects; Transocean Global HSE Management System, Transocean North American (NAM) Corrective Actions post Deepwater Horizon Audit, Hess SEMS for Gulf of Mexico, ENI Asset Risk Registers & SEMS, Nalco-Champion Integrated HSE Management System (IMS), ExxonMobil Quality & HSE Plan (Africa), Noble LNG Technical College Training Program – Middle East
SR. EHS - OFFSHORE | Advanced Fire & Safety, Broussard, LA 2012 to 2013
Held Responsibility over multiple offshore operations in the Gulf of Mexico. Responsible for overseeing 38 production platforms and 3 jack-up drilling rigs on multiple projects for Energy XXI. Ensured strict adherence to regulations evidenced through positive safety and compliance audit results. Performed regulatory audits & Simultaneous Operations Overview to maintain compliance standards. Manage effective utilization of SEMS and SEMP Management Systems.
· Effectively implemented a change management process that resulted in a strong behavioral based safety culture transformation resulting in a reduction in Lost Time Incidents by 28% and a decrease in Near Miss Incidents by 18% for team members and 31% for contractors.
· Reworked and published multiple portions of the HSE manual: Crane Operations, Fall Protection, Hot Work, Contractor Management, Stop Work Authority, SIMOPS and the proper use of JSEA’s.
· Led various Incident Investigations to identify the incident’s root cause and work with operators to solve problems and implement corrective actions.
Vice President of Operations/EH&S | Maxum Resources, LLC, New Iberia, LA 2011 to 2012
Developed and started remediation company and coordinated daily operations of the Environmental Division. Provided data driven full service EH&S consulting services to diverse clients.
· Identified improvement opportunities in waste reduction that resulted in savings of over $200,000 for three clients within one year of providing consulting solutions.
· Acquired new business relationships and cultivated exiting relationships resulting in over $14 million in proposals within 8-month period.
· Implemented solutions for a JV Program in the Bakken Shale and frac water issues through building relationships with the Bureau of Indian Affairs and partnering with the Governor of South Dakota.
Southern Louisiana Manager | Effective Environmental, Inc., Lafayette, LA 2010 to 2011
Spearheaded the Hazardous Waste Transportation Division which resulted in the generation of new business accounts and revenue streams. Served as liaison between clients and the Louisiana Division to provide exceptional support and direction for Safety Operations.
· Acquired sought after 3-year contract with Oil and Gas company. Contract won due to strategies focused on offshore platform waste reduction as a result of construction & drilling practices.
· Generated new business ventures along Gulf Coast, totaling over $21 million utilizing exceptional salesmanship driven by ability to establish trust and build rapport with potential clients.
Safety Lead | O’Brien’s Response Management, U.S. Gulf Coast 2010
Held Safety Lead Responsibility over two functions including the Decontamination Assessment Team and Gulf Coast Operations. Provided decontamination oversight for upward of 800 boats. Supported Gulf Remediation Efforts through driving original safety initiatives.
· Collaborated with team of experts to create the decon process flow process from beginning to end.
· Effectively managed 8 safety observers and over 300 laborers to safely perform job duties.
· Facilitated OSHA weekly site inspections and partnered closely with EPA, ADEQ, Wildlife Officials, and the US Coast Guard to ensure adherence to proper protocols and procedures in a variety of arenas.
Director of Operations| Trans-Environmental Services, Valley View, TX 2006 to 2010
Redefined business model and increased company footprint from a local waste hauler to a regional waste transporter resulting in the unprecedented growth of 17 states in 16 months.
· Improved safety performance resulting in zero lost time recordable incidents. .
· Identified opportunities on two transportation lanes to increase revenue stream yielding $630,000 through creatively partnering with existing clients resulting in 18% profit.
· Initiated and pioneered the first group Brownfields Project between ODEQ, Region VI EPA, and private party in Southwestern Oklahoma.
· Reduced TRIR by 40% within one year resulting in annualized savings of approximately $120,000 through the implementation of a cost-effective Safety Program.
Additional experience as Branch Owner for Turnkey Logistics and Vice President of Operations for S&J Transportation.
Incident Commander / National Incident Management System (NIMS) trained / Incident Command System (ICS) trained / RCRA Consultant / ISO, ANSI, PSM, DOT & OSHA Audits
M.B.A Organizational Leadership | Columbia Southern University, Orange Beach, AL | 2017
B.S. Environmental Management |Columbia Southern University, Orange Beach, AL | 2014
Assoc. Agricultural Science |Lubbock Christian University, Lubbock, TX | 1996
Occupational Health & Safety Technologist Certification | Board of Certified Safety Professionals
Certified Environmental Specialist |OSHA
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Licensed Practitioner |Myers-Briggs Foundation